TNT-Old Logo

TNT-Old Logo

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My letter to Brooks Running Shoes...

Let me tell you our story...

5 weeks ago my wife Ginger and myself were couch potatoes. I am a retired Peace Officer. I haven't ran since I graduated from the Police Academy in 1986. My first and last pair of running shoes were a pair of "Brooks" I bought in 1985 for the Police Academy.

About 8 weeks ago my wife got a postcard from TNT (Team in Training) and talked me into joining. Prior to our first team work-out the coaches sent us to a local running store to be professionally fitted for running shoes. I fought buying expensive shoes but they convinced me it would be worth it in the long run.

When we arrived we were each assigned a different employee to assist us. I tried on several shoes but kept coming back to the first pair I tried on, the Brooks Ghost 4. The shoe made me feel as though I was bouncing with each step, it was amazing. When both sales associates took us to the register and starting ringing us up they began laughing. We had both ended up with the same shoe, Brooks Ghost 4! 

Then they asked for my credit card and saw our last name was Brooks and really laughed.

We are running in the Dallas White Rock Marathon. We are NOT runners but we ARE running for a good cause, the Leukemia, Lymphoma Society.

Please check out our Blog and our Fundraising page. We would appreciate your Sponsorship or Donation. Will you please consider giving to this great cause?

Thank-you for your time,

Darrel & Ginger Brooks

http://brooksruntherace.blogspot.com

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntxok/whiterck11/Brooksruntherace

3 comments:

  1. They referred me to their "We Run B'cause" program. I submitted a form but I haven't heard anything as of yet...I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not heard anything. Any answer at this point would be something. I'm beginning to think our request got buried on someone's desk or worse...ended up in their circular file.

    The race is less than a month away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We received a package from Brooks Running today. They sent Ginger and I both a new pair of Ghost 4 running shoes and a pair of Running tights.

    Wow I was totally surprised!!!

    ReplyDelete