TNT-Old Logo

TNT-Old Logo

Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 3 - Discouraged but Hopeful...

I haven't posted this week because I have been Discouraged. We only have had 1 workout this week on Tuesday night. Ginger continues to fight through the pain of her IT Band injury. Tuesday she was only able to walk (in great pain). I seemed to have a slight knee injury due to running on uneven sidewalks. due to our drought the ground is cracking open (much like the lake bottoms when a lake dries up). I measured one crack in our front yard and it was over 2 ft deep. This is causing the sidewalks to break apart or to lean to one side or the other. it's time to run in the streets of our neighborhood (those are starting to break-apart too).

Ginger and I bought some Knee Straps and they help with the pain. We'll see how the work on a run.

Last night we had a special event at work that lasted past 9pm. I missed my training night but I spoke with a young lady who has ran 2 marathons and was familiar with TNT. She told me as long as we stick to our training and log the miles we are scheduled we should not have a problem completing the White Rock Marathon! I am looking forward to tomorrow's 5 mile run and I am very encouraged. I gave her one of our Cards Our daughter designed for us, I hope she reads this and knows what an encouragement she was to me.

It's amazing how much a few encouraging words are to change someone's outlook. I pray that god allows me to encourage people the way this young lady encouraged me this week. "Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, just as you are in fact doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment